There is no one-size-fits-all approach to weight-loss and obesity.
If you want to know more about anything talked about in ‘The Big Ward’, your GP is the best place to start. They should be able to answer most of your questions or at least point you in the right direction of someone who can.
This blog aims to promote health awareness and to inspire viewers to be proactively thinking about their wellbeing. As we are not a professional medical body this content is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional medical or health advice. We remind you to seek personalised advice from a qualified medical provider to suit your individual requirements.
The team at Counties Manukau have also shared some recognised health sites.
- What is obesity?
- Calculate your BMI
- For tips on managing your weight click here
- To find out more about dieticians and nutrition click here
- Struggling with ‘head hunger’? click here and here
- Type 2 Diabetes – are you at risk? click here
- FAB (Fight Against the Bulge) Campaign Ambassadors goals click here
- Living with Type 2 Diabetes click here
- Download a practical guide to Healthy Eating & Active Living
- Struggling with phobias & fears?
- Diabetes support article
- To learn more about Osteoarthritis (English/ Tongan/ Samoan) download a brochure
- Exercises to keep you moving download a booklet
- Super-healthy recipes click here and there’s more ideas here
- Tell me about the food groups click here
- Know someone who’s struggling with their addiction? click here
- Diabetes friendly recipes and how to adapt your own. click here
- Watch Dianna’s Podcast on ‘The Talk Test’ to find out if the exercise you’re doing is working!click here.
- How to manage your own risk of diabetes and high blood pressure. Click here.
- Some simple & healthy meals for ALL the family. Click here.